About fall foliage
Why do the leaves change color in autumn?
So you want to know why leaves change color in the fall? If you go to arborday.org you'll find the explanation. It's actually pretty cool scientific stuff which you may find very interesting and useful to impress your friends! Be a smarty pants and check it out.
Our resident garden expert Terry Ettinger also talks about fall foliage in this edition of Garden Journeys.
Looking for great foliage in upstate New York? Check out the "I Love NY" website. It has a map that shows you where the best colors are so you can plan your leaf-peeping trip.
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
This map will be updated again Wednesday afternoon.
Share your photos!
We want to see your photos of the fall foliage. Email your photos to YNNwebteam@gmail.com
or use the form below to submit your photos to our foliage photo gallery.
1. Fill in form fields, including photo captions
2. Choose the category "Fall Foliage"
2. Click on "Choose File" to browse your computer for the photo you want to send us
3. You may send up to three photos by using the three "Choose File" buttons. Each one is separate and requires a unique path to the file.
4. When done, click the "Submit Photos" button at the bottom of the form.