MADISON, N.Y. -- Health officials confirm that the gastro-intestinal illness that spread following an Easter Sunday buffet in Madison County was caused by norovirus.
The county health department has received more than 60 reports of people who became sick after eating at the Solsville Hotel's buffet in the Town of Madison.
Norovirus causes symptoms including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea that can last as long as three days.
The Hotel Solsville closed for 24 hours immediately following the outbreak for intensive cleaning and sanitizing. The health department inspected the restaurant, which reopened Thursday.