SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Ten additional colleges and universities have agreed to partner with the Say Yes to Education Program.
The national non-profit group has been influential in helping Syracuse City School District students. It can make higher education more accessible and affordable.
Yale University, MIT, Brown University, Williams College and Northeastern University are among the new schools to join the program.
Typically, students whose family income is at or below $75,000 are eligible to attend the schools tuition free once they get through the regular admission process. Students eligible to apply under the new partnership agreements are those enrolling in college next fall.
The institutions are:
- Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Mass.
- Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri
- Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island
- Williams College in Williamstown, Mass.
- Smith College in Northampton, Mass.
- Trinity College in Hartford, Conn.
- Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio
- Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Northeastern University in Boston