Sunday, December 21, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 



Oswego fire sends one to the hospital

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Oswego fire sends one to the hospital
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

OSWEGO, N.Y. -- Officials say unattended food on a stove likely sparked a house fire in Oswego Thursday morning. Crews were called to 195 West 8th Street around 1 a.m.

One man was able to get himself and his dog out of the home, and was taken to the hospital for treatment. Their condition is not known at this time.

Officials say the fire started in the back of the home, but weather conditions made it hard to put out the flames.

"High winds did hamper our efforts somewhat and our main concern became after the original structure was the adjacent structure to the south," said Chief Jeffrey McCrobie, Oswego Fire Department.

The home is a total loss. A neighbor's home also receive minor damage. ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP