Saturday, December 27, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

CNY

Paint fumes cause high school evacuation

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Paint fumes cause high school evacuation
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.


OSWEGO, N.Y. -- Classes were briefly interrupted at Oswego High School Monday after the building was evacuated because of a suspicious odor.

Construction crews were spray painting a wall in one of the school's old science buildings when paint fumes got into the building's ventilation system. Students and teachers were sent to nearby Frederick Leighton Elementary School while the Oswego Fire Department checked the building.

The high school was cleared for about 30 minutes before everyone was let back in.

10.11.12.248 ClientIP: 23.23.9.5, 23.3.13.77 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP